Survey & Consultation Service
Each year we visit many hundreds of public toilets throughout the UK, provided by both local authorities and other commercial operators. Over the years we have built up a unique fund of practical experience, covering every aspect of toilet provision and operation – and most importantly this knowledge is centred on the views and requirements of the user.
Through the BTA, our vision is that every ‘away from home’ toilet, certainly every Local Authority public toilet, should receive an annual independent assessment
The BTA is ready and able to visit any/all types of provider from councils, private or commercial suppliers, as well as providers within the food and drink industry, health, education and hospitality. Discussions can range around current standards of provision, future strategy and issues relevant to design, layout, product and service needs, security and maintenance – as well as marketing or revenue generating opportunities.
The BTA range of consultation services for providers of public or ‘away from home’ toilet include:
- An independent survey & review of the current toilet provision and a follow up report on each toilet visited with recommendations for future improvement.
- An independent survey of localities that are identified as potential new sites or redevelopment areas
- Mapping and presentation of the findings above
- Discussions with relevant management on toilet related issues, if required at specific toilet locations.
- Assistance with new toilet design and equipment specification, with contact referrals to BTA approved suppliers/contractors.
- Assistance with identification of appropriate cleaning materials and methods.
- Assistance with issues relating to security, social misuse and special needs users.
- Presentation of BTA best practice proposals relating to ‘away from home’ toilets.
- Attendance at provider management / review group meetings to discuss issues and answer questions.
- Assistance with Equality Act/Disability Discrimination Act compliance for accessible toilets.
- Assistance with issues relating to legal obligations viz-a-viz the provision of public access toilets.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of commercial / community toilet schemes involving other, existing toilet providers within the local community area.
- Advice and guidance on NEW technologies and service provision
We recommend the following course of action for our Consultation Service:
- An initial meeting to establish areas of investigation and agree tasks, time scales and costs.
- Carry out scheduled tasks with any/all on-going discussions
- Preparation of a detailed report.
- Final meeting to present findings and recommended actions.
- Optional: follow up meeting to discuss results and future strategy.
|Preparation||(½ Day) to cover initial discussions and subsequent preparation of action plan and costings.|
|1/2 Day||BTA Members £199||Non-Members £299|
|Full Day||BTA Members £399||Non-members £499|
|Expenses:||Mileage is charged at 30p per mile (inclusive)
Accommodation and subsistence as per invoice
|All charges are subject to VAT @ 20%|